Share Your Story on The Arc’s Blog
Has your life been impacted by The Arc of Atlantic County? We’d love to hear about it – and so would our online community!
About The Arc's Blog
We started our blog to provide a means of sharing stories, successes and special moments in the lives of people we support so others – both locally and nationally – can gain inspiration from our work.
But no one can tell those stories better than the people whose lives are touched by The Arc! We’re looking for stories from service recipients, family members, caregivers, employees, volunteers, and donors, among others. Here are just some story ideas to help steer you in the right direction:
- How an individual has made friends and learned new skills in our recreation program, and how that has improved their life.
- How quality of life has improved for all members of an individual’s family thanks to our respite services.
- How a child in our summer camp program has improved socially and in school and what experiences in camp may have lead to that improvement.
- How an individual who lived at home with family before moving to an Arc group home has blossomed in their new living situation, and specifically what accomplishments they’ve made.
- How a volunteer learned more about people with disabilities – and about themselves – as a result of their experience with The Arc, and how that experience impacted their life.
- Why a donor gives to The Arc, and how they see their contributions making a difference.
How to Submit Your Story
Stories can range from 100 words up to 3,000 words. If you are comfortable with sharing video or photos, we'd also post them to accompany your story. If you prefer to remain anonymous, we can post it with changed names - whatever you are comfortable with! Please review our blog guidelines below before sending your story to Tom Davidson, communications associate, at email@example.com. You can also mail your story to:
The Arc of Atlantic County
6550 Delilah Road, Suite 101
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Blog Participation Guidelines
Staff in The Arc of Atlantic County’s communications department will review all blog submissions, and may edit content for grammar or clarity. We appreciate any additional photos, videos or links that will help enhance your story, but ask that they be appropriate and relevant to the story.
Please keep your submissions respectful and positive, without any negative references to other organizations or individuals. We will not post last names of story subjects, unless specifically requested and with permission from the individual. We can change the names of individuals in the story altogether, as well - be sure to specify that when you send your post.
Remember that this blog is available to anyone on the internet and may come up in search engines. We review all comments before they become public, and we will only allow comments that are respectful and appropriate. Others may find what you post useful and may link to it from other websites. They do not need your permission or The Arc of Atlantic County’s permission to link to our blog or any posts within. If you have any questions, please call Tom Davidson at 609-485-0800 ext. 136.