Mission and Vision
The Arc of Atlantic
County improves the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
in our community. Through direct services, advocacy, education
and prevention activities, we work in partnership with individuals
and their families to make choices possible about how and where
they live, learn, play and work.
People have the opportunities and supports they need to live the lives they choose.
- We listen, and honor the choices and decisions of the people we serve.
- We speak kindly and professionally to everyone.
- We treat others as we want to be treated ourselves.
- We use “people first” and other respectful language about people.
- We work together effectively to achieve The Arc’s mission and vision.
- We cooperate with each other and value everyone’s contributions.
- We believe partnerships with other people, businesses and groups are central to success.
- We foster good communications.
- We keep our promises and don’t make promises we can’t keep.
- We are accountable and accept responsibility for our actions.
- We tell the truth.
- We do the right thing.
- We enthusiastically commit ourselves to meeting the needs and supporting the dreams of those we serve.
- We have well trained competent staff.
- We promote safety and ensure a safe environment.
- We are in compliance with all applicable local, state and national laws and regulations.
- We advocate for the rights of all people.
- We believe that improving the quality of life for people with disabilities improves the quality of our community
- We value diversity; it makes us stronger.
- We build reciprocal relationships especially between people we support and community members and groups.
Everyone deserves to be treated with respect.
Please enjoy the video below developed in part by The Arc of Virginia.
Video courtesy of The
Arc of Virginia and The Arc of Northern Virginia, plus Blueberry Shoes